Donate to the Shambhala Archives
Please consider donating to help support
our efforts to restore, protect, and disseminate the Shambhala dharma
VCTR Ladrang UPDATE: We would like to thank everyone who donated towards the Ladrang project. Due to your generosity, we were able to raise the funds needed to make the Ladrang project possible, and is currently underway.
If you’d like to read more about the project please click here.
*Please note that, because we achieved our fundraising goal for the Ladrang project, any future contributions made will be given to the Shambhala Archives as a whole.
Thank you for your generosity!
How your donations help the Shambhala Archives
• VCTR Ladrang Project: Updating inventory and storage site for personal belongings of VCTR
• Updating our mass storage drives to store and protect all of our digitized audio, video and photographic material.
• Upgrading our Database Software
• Replacing or repairing essential computer equiptment
• Replacing and maintaining our Audio visual equiptment
• Repairing and maintaining the dehumidifiers and AC units needed to keep the archival materials in a stable environment
• New materials such as archival-grade tissue paper, boxes, and photo sleeves to ensure the preservation of the personal belongings of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche.
• Video Tapes – digitizing 470 S-VHS tapes making up a total of roughly 705 hours. This project began in August of 2020 and was completed in August of 2021 by our new Technical Director Rosie Pittas.
• Audio Tapes – transcribing and digitizing Kalapa Lodge audio tapes, over several months, by Archival Assistant Torin Vigerstad.
• Photographs – scanning, describing and entering the information of hundreds of photographs into our museum database. This project was supported in part by Canada 2021 Summer Jobs Program by our summer student Will Hadfield.
• Database – updating our Media Database with the information and data of all the digitized videos held at the Shambhala Archives.
If you would like to see more of our Projects then click here
• Digitizing and Editing Audio and Video
• Scanning and preserving photographs
• Maintaining storage space for the personal belongings of Trungpa Rinpoche
• Maintenance of the permanent Archives exhibit at HSC
• Updating and revamping the Shambhala Archives Website
• Working on updating the Archives Media and Library database
• Responding to requests for audio, video, photographs and historical records.
• Correspondence, grant writing, record management
• Supervision of students and volunteers
• Research, data entry, interviews, tours of Archives.
Contributions can be made by pressing one of the buttons below.
Contributions can also be made in person or by sending a Cheque with Archives in the memo and sent to the address below.
Shambhala Office of Finance
1084 Tower Road
Halifax, NS B3H 2Y5
Making a Charitable Bequest
There are several ways to include the Shambhala Archives in your planned giving
Shambhala Archives receives a specific dollar amount
Bequest of Property
Shambhala Archives receives specific assets, such as securities, an interest in real estate (such as a residence), or tangible personal property (e.g., works of art, antiques, relics)
Shambhala Archives receives all or a percentage of the remainder of the estate after the payment of any specific bequests and all estate-related expenses.
Shambhala Archives is given a bequest only in the event of the death of other beneficiaries.
If you would like to read more on leaving a bequest click here
For information about leaving a bequest to the Shambhala Archives, please contact [email protected].